Allen, Texas – The Allen Americans, ECHL affiliate of the Minnesota Wild (NHL), have announced that all Covid-19 safety precautions that have been in place at home games during the team’s opening nine home games will remain in effect for the balance of the 2020-21 season.
For a full rundown of the club’s COVID-19 Road Map, please click here
“The Allen Americans are committed to continuing safety procedures to help keep everyone in attendance at our games safe at the Allen Event Center (AEC) for the balance of the 2020-21 season” shares Team President | Alternate Governor Mike Waddell. “The steps outlined in our COVID Roadmap are intended to preserve the safety of staff, players, fans, and guests as we continue to navigate these challenging times.”
The Allen Americans look forward to returning to 100% operational mode when we open our 13th season at home on Saturday, October 23, 2021, and are focused on engaging our fans throughout the remainder of our 27 home regular season games this season, and into the Kelly Cup Playoffs in our drive for a fifth league championship in team history.
For tickets to Americans home games, please visit https://allenamericans.com/tickets/
2020-21 SEASON SAFETY PROTOCOLS
- All Allen Americans employees and fans in attendance at games must wear a mask at all times (including lower bowl arena, parking lots and garages). The only exceptions are when personnel are actively eating or drinking in a ticketed seat. Masks must completely cover the wearer’s nose and mouth. Children under the age of 10 years old, any person with a medical condition or disability that prevents wearing a face covering, are exempt.
- Patrons on the BANG SOLAR PREMIUM LEVEL must wear masks when in the public areas of the Allen Event Center. It is recommended that they wear masks in their private suites.
- The Allen Americans and the Allen Event Center have transformed the AEC into a cashless environment for the 2020-21 season. This includes all ticketing, food & beverage, and merchandise at the Allen Americans Team Store. As with in the main seating arena, masks must be actively worn at all times in the concourse and when shopping in the Team Store.
ALLEN EVENT CENTER SANITATION
- A dedicated sanitization team will be present throughout events, continuously cleaning all high touch surfaces throughout the Allen Event Center. Additional disinfection measures are taken after each event.
- Hand sanitizing stations are placed throughout the AEC. Guests are also encouraged to frequently wash their hands for at least 20 seconds.
SOCIALLY DISTANT SEATING & COMMUNITY AREAS
- The Temporary Seating locations for Season Ticket Members will be in effect throughout the balance of the 2020-21 season. The Americans will return to full capacity for the 2021-22 season, which will open on Saturday, October 23, 2021.
- Please respect the space of others; keep six (6) feet (or one (1) hockey stick) apart when possible. Lower Bowl Seats will remain vacant to maintain proper distancing between familial parties. No guests will have other guests seated in the seats in front, behind, or within three (3) seats on either side of their reserved seats.
- The Americans have recreated its existing facility seating manifest to allow for proper distancing, thus decreasing overall arena capacity to 40% of the usual total. This has been in place since Opening Night on December 18, 2020.
- Group and Hospitality areas are operating with reduced capacity to promote proper distancing.