Allen, Texas – The Allen Americans and Head Coach Steve Martinson announced today the team’s protected list for the 2018-2019 season.
Teams are allowed to protect as many players as they wish, provided the players protected meet the guidelines as defined in the Collective Bargaining Agreement between the ECHL and the Professional Hockey Players’ Association, which state that teams shall retain the rights to each player that:
1. Signed an SPC in 2017-18 with the Member, and has not been traded or released, OR
2. Signed an SPC in 2017-18, and was recalled to the NHL/AHL or IIHF team, and has not been traded or released, OR
3. Had received a Qualifying Offer last summer for the current Season, DID NOT sign an SPC, and has not been traded or released, OR
4. Has been suspended by the Member or League, and has not been traded or released, OR
5. Signed an SPC on or after the first day of the 2017-18 Regular Season, then subsequently signed an NHL/AHL contract, and has not been traded or released, OR
6. Has executed the ECHL Retirement Form, and has not been traded or released.
Protected lists may exceed 20 players.
The ECHL also announced that teams must complete all Future Consideration trades by 3 p.m. ET on June 13 and that teams must submit their Season-Ending Roster by 3 p.m. ET on June 15.
Season-ending rosters may include up to 20 players and cannot include any players who did not sign an ECHL contract in 2017-18.
Below is the list of players by position.
Goalie – Jeremy Brodeur
Defensemen – Eric Roy, Dalton Thrower, Joel Chouinard, Gordie Ballhorn, Mike Gunn, Josh Thrower, Miles Liberati and Michael Webster
Forwards – Braylon Shmyr, Jared Bethune, Casey Pierro-Zabotel, Mathieu Foget, Zach Pochiro, Alex Guptill, JC Campagna, Alexandre Carrier, Tristan King, Peter MacArthur, Olivier Archambault, Vincent Arseneau, Jonathan Lessard, Tyler Poulsen, and Wade Macleod
The following players, who were on American Hockey League contracts last season, cannot be protected; David Makowski, Spencer Asuchak, Bryan Moore and Thomas Frazee.